Loren presented his Freedom Solutions Recording Plan (FSRP) and explained how he could use this system to help position me to be self-sustaining, debt-free, in-control, have full ownership of my work and career, and have an industry quality recording. Sounds like quite a feat to pull off, no? Well, after reviewing the numbers, the plan, and reading up on much of his own writings/blogs, I was convinced to jump on board.
So after a stimulating conversation and a couple cups of coffee we shook hands and decided to move forward. On Feb 9, 2009 I signed Loren on to guide me through the stages of pre-production, production, and post-production of my album and upcoming book.
On August 18th, 2009 I held my D.a. Thompson, "Disclaimer" CD Release Party (six months later).
So after the FSRP what do I have?
- A professional industry standard recording
- The masters of all my recordings
- The backup/source studio mixed ProTools files of my recordings
- A Website
- A clear post-production plan
- A duplication channel
- Consistent brand/message with print, audio, and web media collateral/materials for solicitation and marketing
- A tremendous debt of gratitude to the amazingly skilled musicians and engineers who made this work happen
- A huge respect for the amount of work it takes to accomplish all of this
- A donation program contributing 25% of all CD sales to other FSRP clients
- no debt from the album
- no percentages to labels, or anyone
- no producer points
- no restrictions on how I choose to use or move forward with my music, brand or likeness
"If you are seriously considering the "real deal" of producing an industry standard album I would not hesitate to sign on Loren. He is a no frills, straight-shooting, hard-working, get-it-done producer. You will go from concept to product with clear and achievable goals and expectations.
Be prepared to work hard and trust his advice. And don't hesitate to ping me with questions ... The FSRP process is not easy, but it works. And we all help each other out. As independent artists we have to stick together! So sign him on and let me know what I can do for you."