Since more often than not, as an entrepreneur, life is more about not spending money, I thought I would share a list of things that I do to keep the costs down. Lord knows I've been pinching every pea-pickin' penny these days. So here are a few:
1. Use a "Registered" Starbucks Gift Card to get free refills on your coffee. And bring your own cup for a 10 cent discount. Yes...I consider a cup of coffee as one of my luxuries.
2. Rent movies from the public library.
3. Use google voice if you need an extra phone line.
5. Eat in.
6. Turn the heat off at night and during the day when you are gone. Use some slippers and pajamas.
7. Drink water.
8. Shop at thrift stores.
9. Check http://www.freecycle.org/ before you buy.
10. If you think you need to buy it, ask if 75% of the world's population has one, if yes, you probably need it. If the answer is no...
The most important key in the cost reduction game is to remove the word, "NEW," from your vocabulary.
The next important key is to not care what people think. And if they do care, add "Get new friends" to the above list.