A geeky FYI...for those who are hoping to use Authlogic with Rails 3, there are a few hangups. Authlogic 3 will support Rails 3, but until then, for those of you trying to figure out how to get Authlogic to work with Rails 3, you will want to use scrum8/authlogic from github which is a functional branch for Rails 3.
You can use this branch of Authlogic by doing the following thing:
1. In your "Gemfile" put the following:
gem 'authlogic', :git => "http://github.com/scrum8/authlogic.git"
2. Run the following from your command line:
(This will bundle the scrum8/authlogic branch into your local application)
3. Follow the README directions midway down at the authlogic_example page:
4. Rather than using 'script/generate session user_session' you will have to manually create user_session.rb in your models folder with the following content:
class UserSession < Authlogic::Session::Base
5. You will also want to create a migration file for UserSessions which you can do by running 'rails g migration UserSessions' then make sure the following content is present:
class CreateUserSessions < ActiveRecord::Migration
create_table :user_sessions do |t|